Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have about our integrated design and build service. However, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions in the below section:-
- What is an integrated service?An integrated service is one where all services are provided under one roof. In the case of our services, we provide both design and building services which means that you will not have to commission a separate designer and builder. This not only helps you to save on costs, but it
also means that you will obtain a quicker, and more efficient service.
- Can I obtain a quotation? We provide quotations before we start work on your premises. We make sure that our quotations are competitive and cover the costs of all of the work that we might undertake. We will be able to show you copies of the design so that you know what the work will look like before we start.
- What about planning permission? It is very important to obtain planning permission before work on your property begins. Householders often underestimate how much planning permission is required, even for minor changes to a property. We will assist in gaining planning permission on your behalf for all kinds of properties, including listed buildings.
- Do you provide a design service? As our name suggests, design is integral to what we do. We make sure that the design is practical and will fit into the existing appearance of your property. We can provide design features which will use particular woods and metals and will be happy to advise you on these.
- What about landlords? We provide a complete service to landlords, including refurbishment and reconditioning of properties. For large scale conversions, and refurbishments, we can provide a set of standard solutions which are cost efficient, as well as meeting the requirements of existing property
- Do you provide a service to commercial properties?Along with residential clients, we also offer a complete service for commercial properties. Whether it is a complete refurbishment of an existing property or a complete new build of a business premises, we are able to provide a comprehensive service to our business customers.
- Which types of conversions can you do?We can perform all types of conversion. Our most common type of conversion is the loft, which is a very good way to add value to your property, but we can also convert other parts of your house, or grounds, to a new use. Garage conversions are growing in popularity but we can also convert external buildings (outbuildings) to a new use. You may want to use an outbuilding as a workspace, or gym, for example.
- What are the best types of home extension?The best type of home extension for you will depend upon the particular needs of your family. For families who want to enjoy the sunshine, a garden room or sunroom is recommended. However, we can also build an extension / annex onto your property which can be used for rental purposes, for guests, or to accommodate a relative.
- What about building regulations? We are in full compliance with building regulations and, if you wish, we can provide evidence of our certification. We pride ourselves on our safety record, and regularly update our staff with the latest guidance and regulations.
- What if something goes wrong with the work?We have an exemplary record of providing a service. However, if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our work then we would be happy to talk to you personally about this and will always aim to put the customer’s needs first.
- Can you work around my schedule?Our work will fit in with your schedule. When you commission the work, we will plan a schedule around your work, leisure and family times. It is possible for us to conduct work whilst you are on holiday, or away on business, and we will take all possible precautions to make sure that the work is conducted safely and efficiently.
- What about security and safety?Our keywords for performing a design and building operation are safety and security. We operate with fully secure sites, and working conditions, and will make sure that you are kept away from hazardous building and design processes. We take special care to make sure that
children and pets are protected from our operations. In terms of security, we make sure that your property is risk free at all times, checking security constantly. For large scale operations, we can provide additional security measures such as fencing.
- Is the quotation fully comprehensive?The quotation includes every aspect of the work which we will conduct. This will include all labour and materials costs. If you wish to extend, or change, the work we are conducting then we are able to re-quote you for the additional work. We work in a flexible way, but you can
be assured that our initial quote will cover all costs of the work from beginning to end.
- What is the time scale for the work?All projects will have different time scales. However, we will be able to work to a time scale that is mutually agreed so that you can be sure when the work will start and end. We will notify you of any changes to the timescale if there are unexpected events (eg delays with
planning permission that are outside our control) but it is usually the case that the work is finished on the date with is agreed. We make sure that we concentrate on the job which we are working on at the current time, and unlike other builders, do not take on more work than
we can deal with.
- Does the property have to be cleared before you start?We do not expect the property to be fully cleared and cleaned before we start but it is a good idea to move fragile items, and to cover soft furnishings. We will talk to you about our requirements before we start work and agree with you what should be done when we arrive.
We make sure that we will treat your property with the utmost care and make sure that we clean throroughly when the work is finished.